Many thanks to all of you who have supported Spectacled Bear’s Library Project. We are thrilled at the response. Libraries in Texas, Ohio, Illinois – even the famous New York Public Library – have all received their copies. And if you’re reading about this ongoing program for the first time, it works like this.
- Visit spectacledbear.com; click on Shop; then on the book and order one copy to go to the library of your choice. It’s a $9.99 investment.
- In the "Shipping Address" fields at checkout, the "first name" should be "Attn Children's," and the "last name" should be "Librarian." Add the library's name in the "company" field and make sure you add the correct shipping address too.
- Continue the ordering process and be sure to click Free Shipping – Library Project as the shipping method.
- Spectacled Bear will add a second book AND pay the postage to send the books to the library.
- A note will go along with the books explaining who sent them. (That would be you and S. Bear)
- You will get tracking information to be sure the books arrived.
If you do not want to choose a particular library but still want to support this program, you can send a check for $9.99 to Spectacled Bear, 2929 Villa Lane, Benton Harbor, MI 49022. Along with the check, send your email address so we can let you know what library received your book.
According to the American Library Association, there are approximately 119,487 libraries in our country today. We can’t share Philip & Phoebe with them all, but with your help we can reach a few in all fifty states. What are you waiting for?
In the meantime, here are some previous blogs from my favorite furry friend, S. Bear. xo, Anne